Muskegon South Pierhead Lighthouse Community Outreach Coordinator
Location: Beautiful Muskegon, MI
Hours/days per week: Flexible. Mostly listed below, with some weekends, evenings and special events.
Tentative Schedule: Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday (11:30-4:30 pm- 20 hours weekly)
Please send resume and cover letter to Cindy Beth at: email@example.com
- This position will identify community partnership opportunities, assist with social media, learn website updating and online crowdfunding campaign management such as with Indiegogo;
- Research history of the lights to develop history booklet on Muskegon’s Lighthouse Keepers,
- Seek out grant funding opportunities for historic preservation, education, accessibility, etc.;
- Promote customer service and historic tourism promotion of the Muskegon lighthouses;
- Creation and maintenance of a calendar of public events for future outreach opportunities;
- Ensure timely follow up to all written and verbal inquiries and meetings;
Qualifications to Start
- Passion for our mission to promote the preservation of Michigan’s lighthouses and life- saving station structures along with the artifacts associated with them.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word/Excel) proficiency’ PowerPoint and Publisher skills are helpful;
- Excellent organizational, verbal and oral communications skills;
- Strong work ethic and comfort working virtually with others and onsite with volunteers;
- Ability to create a structured atmosphere to accomplish your work outside an office setting.
- Willingness to work in a fast-paced environment both in-person and online;
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously;
Learning & Experience Opportunities
Students gain experience in the following fields, among many others:
- Fundraising and event planning
- Travel Industry Management
- Volunteer Coordination and Engagement
- Marketing, nonprofit project coordination, social media coordination and public relations
- Community outreach and marketing through social media and various other news outlets
- Training with Constant Contact, Donor Database research, WordPress, etc.
Interested in an internship? Please send resume and cover letter to Cindy Beth at: firstname.lastname@example.org