Michigan Lighthouse Conservancy (MLC) invites you to attend our annual Muskegon’s Bright Lights Festival, in celebration of the Michigan Maritime Festival. On Saturday, August 19, 2017, festival-goers can visit Muskegon South Pierhead Light, overlooking the award-winning Pere Marquette Beach and climb the tower to take in unparalleled views of Muskegon’s broad Lake Michigan shoreline, forests and beaches.
Special festival offerings include family-friendly events, performances, a children’s chalk art contest and extended hours of operation. Visitors can personally experience Muskegon’s maritime history by attending docent-led tower tours and climbing fifty feet to the top of the Muskegon South Pierhead Light. The lighthouse is run by trained and qualified volunteer history docents and the community is encouraged to become involved by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check back here or follow Muskegon South Pierhead Light on Facebook for up-to-date festival developments. (Plans to open the Muskegon South Breakwater Light are currently on hold until restoration can take place within the tower and on the Breakwater, owned by the Army Corps of Engineers and currently closed to the public.)
Regular Season Tower Tour Schedule
Monday, Friday & Saturday … 1-5 p.m.
July & August, thru Labor Day
Monday, Thurs., Friday & Saturday … 1-5 p.m.
*Additionally in July – Saturday evening Sunset Tours … 5-8 p.m!
» More Info
More Special Events & Openings Planned for 2017
• Tuesday, August 7 – National Lighthouse Day Celebration and Sunset Opening 5-8 pm
• Thursday, September 21 – United States Lighthouse Society Special Tour Opening
• Extended season and special Saturday Sunset openings scheduled between Labor Day through Halloween (check back for hours of operation)
• Trick or Treating at the Lighthouse on Halloween, Tuesday, October 31 (time tbd in collaboration with local Trick-or-Treating)
• Openings in connection with the Cruise Ship arrivals of Pearl Mist and Movies on the Beach (dates and times tbd)