Big Sable Point Lighthouse
Established in 1867, the brick tower is encased in steel and painted white and black. The focal plane in 106 feet high and the tower originally housed a 3rd Order Fresnel lens. You can climb the tower in the summer and enjoy the museum. This light is managed by the Sable Point Lightkeepers Association.
Located roughly 8 miles north of Ludington and just west of Hamlin Lake.
Established in 1871, the existing tower dates to 1924. The light is a white steel structure with a focal plane of 55 feet and once housed a 4th Order Fresnel lens. The light is located at the end of a long pier. You can climb this tower when it is open during the summer. This light is managed by the Sable Point Lightkeepers Association.
Located at the end of the north pier in Ludington.
Pentwater Pierhead Lights
There is not much information here or much to see here besides some small pierhead lights. Originally there was a traditional style lighthouse located on the end of the pier, which has long since been removed. Modern aids to navigation exist here. The grounds are open to the public.
Located in Pentwater, these lights mark the entrance to the channel connecting Lake Michigan and Pentwater Lake.
Little Sable Point Lighthouse
Established in 1874, the lighthouse once had a keepers dwelling attached that has been torn down. The light is a red natural color brick tower and has a focal plane of 108 feet and still houses the original 3rd Order Fresnel lens. You can climb this tower when it is open during the summer. This light is managed by the Sable Point Lightkeepers Association.
Located on the shore of Lake Michigan near Silver Lake State Park, which is roughly midway between Ludington and Muskegon.
White River Light Station
Established in 1871 originally as a pierhead light, the main lighthouse was constructed in 1875 and the lighthouse is a natural cream yellow brick color. It was illuminated by a 4thorder Fresnel lens with a tower height of 38 feet. The light is open for tours and tower climbs during the summer. This light is managed by the Sable Point Lightkeepers Association.
Located on the south side of the channel which connects Lake Michigan and White Lake.
Grand Haven South Pierhead Lights
Grand Haven, MI
Established in 1839, the existing lights are bright red and form a range going into the channel. The rear light has a focal plane of 52 feet high, while the front light and fog signal building have a focal plane of 42 feet high. A combination of 6th Order and 4th Order lights have existed here. These lights feature an elevated catwalk as well. The grounds are open to the public at this time. This light is managed by the Grand Haven Lighthouse Conservancy.
Located in Grand Haven on the south side of the mouth of the Grand River.
Holland Harbor South Pierhead Lighthouse
Established in 1872, the existing tower is bright red and the focal place is 52 feet high, the existing tower was constructed in 1907 and housed a 4th Order Fesnel lens. The lighthouse is managed by the Holland Harbor Lighthouse Preservation Society. It is still an active aid to navigation. The grounds are open to the public at this time.
Located in Holland on the south side of the entrance to Lake Macatawa from Lake Michigan.